We are currently seeking an experienced building handyman for multi-family apartment buildings.
You have a positive, “can-do” attitude towards your work, and know what it means to have people relying on you. You are a friendly, approachable person with great customer service skills.
Job duties include:
- General repairs and maintenance in suites and building common areas
- Preparing suites for new residents to move in
- Painting, drywall repairs, and light carpentry work
- Flooring installation
- Minor electrical and plumbing work
- Boiler and furnace maintenance and light repairs
- Exterior work including eavestroughs, painting, siding, light fixtures, etc.
- Assist with snow removal in winter
- Respond to and complete service requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the maintenance supervisor and team to prioritize tasks throughout the day
- Provide excellent customer service when interacting with residents, guests, and vendors
- Identify any issues regarding safety, hazardous conditions or maintenance needs in the community and correct them or report them to the maintenance supervisor
- Six months of maintenance experience, preferably in the apartment industry
- High School Diploma preferred; certification from an accredited trade school highly desired
- EPA Type I, Type II or Universal certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical skills as it relates to apartment maintenance
- Handle tile work, carpentry repairs and all facets of the make ready process
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and be able to accommodate a rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays as required
You will have a reliable vehicle for travel between sites in Hinton, and will be on-call 24/7 for maintenance emergencies. Hours of work will vary, with long hours occasionally needed at month-end to make suites ready for new tenants moving in.
….And here’s the fine print HR wants you to know:
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 lbs.), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, etc.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
- Deals with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
- Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.).
- Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
- Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS and general safety training, and wearing of proper safety equipment.
- Attendance and punctuality is essential for success in this position
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. St. Regis Management Inc. may add or change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
We offer generous monthly remuneration and a performance-based bonus structure.
Please submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com, and attach a completed questionnaire, which can be found at the link below.
Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org